Who Can Apply For Residence Permit?

Who can apply for an ‘Occupational Permit’ and ‘Permanent Residence’?

An foreign investor or self-employed shall first apply for an Occupational Permit (OP) and thereafter may apply for a Residence Permit (PR) if the criteria below are met. (Any non-citizen not meeting the criteria below can alternatively apply for a ‘Work Permit’)

  •  Processing time for OP by the authorities:  within 3 working days of filing
  • Dependents can apply for ‘Residence Permit’ or ‘Permit for Retired Non-Citizen’
  • Spouse of holder of an OP can work in Mauritius (must apply separately for a Work Permit)